Program Length: 1 month during summer for this (the NYS program) but there are also other programs available through the National Youth Science Foundation if you’d like to explore. Applications usually due end of February has been extended in the past (due to Covid) to April 1st.
Location: West Virginia, USA (though moved online in order to adhere to Covid restrictions when applicable)
• Must be a high school senior if you are US Resident
• Must be 16-18 years if a resident of Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Jamaica, • Mexico, and Trinidad & Tobago.
• Must have documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in mathematics or the sciences.
• Must have documented leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school or community activities.
• Must have documented skills and achievements outside the realm of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and outside the realm of academia.
• Must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics.
• Must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related field.
• Must be willing and able to participate in the entire NYSCamp program.
• Must have English proficiency, as the program is conducted in English.
Highlight: A perfect program for STEM enthusiasts, the National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp) is designed to challenge some of the most promising rising leaders and provide them with tons of opportunities to participate in exciting activitiesRe. This year, the STEM Camp will be a virtual experience but will still include the best events offered every year. Regularly, this program is held in the mountains of West Virginia thereby offering the perfect summer getaway from the hustle and bustle of regular life. By joining this STEM Camp, you’ll have the opportunity to experience world-class lectures, directed studies, and seminars. Speaking of activities offered, the highlight of this STEM Camp is the lecture series. Each day, delegates participate in lectures with the most prestigious STEM professionals working on changing the world. Apart from learning through lectures, participants of this STEM camp get the opportunity to learn through informal seminars where instead of in-class learning, you get to learn through juggling, cooking, practicing a language, and playing Ultimate Frisbee on the green.If you enjoy the thrill of learning new things, meeting like-minded people, and exploring the infinite possibilities of science, then this STEM Camp is absolutely worth a look. Take your shot and apply to be part of this amazing opportunity!
Financial: Free 🙂