• 5 full-day program —participants gather daily virtually or in-person and complete independent activities between the hours of 9:00 a.m. PST and 4:00 p.m. PST
• End of June/ Beginning of July
Location: online or in-Person at the Audubon Canyon Ranch in California
• students who identify as girl/ young women or gender binary entering their junior or senior year of high school in the fall of the upcoming school year are invited to apply.
• Applicants must live within the Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern US time zones..
• WRITTEN APPLICATION: The completion of this participant application due end of February.
• INTERVIEW: Applicants selected are notified by the beginning of March and will receive an invitation for a 45-MINUTE INFORMAL GROUP ZOOM INTERVIEW held in mid-March.
Highlight: Are you a curious young woman who would like to protect mother nature but you’re not sure where to start? Are you also going into junior or senior year of high school in fall 2022 and having a budding interest in conservation science? Well, wait no more because the Conservation science intensive program might be right for you! Don’t let the name of this program convince you it will be too intensive; through this fun program you will learn all about conservation of the environment alongside exploring what kind of professional field the conservation offers. You will also have the chance to talk and work with Audubon Canyon Ranch staff, research ecologists and even land stewardship practitioners ( someone who is environmentally responsible and protects the environment by doing sustainable practices). During these 5 days sessions there will be some virtual panels featuring professional speakers and you will be able to engage in activities that will enhance your creativity whilst challenging you mentally and physically. This program is about connecting yourself with nature even if it’s done virtually whilst also showing you what it would be like to work in this field in the future. This program is not only about finding your career pathway but will also help you develop your leadership skills, satisfy your curiosity and help you build strong networks with like minded-people “The CSI program has an overall wonderful leadership team of inspiring, dedicated, and passionate women that made me feel empowered and capable of changing the world for the better. Thank you all!” Seems like pretty high praise from a past participant – so what is your hesitation? Get in there to make your reservation to learn about conservation!
Financial: Free to complete but the official certificate